Ad.ly Reveals the Top 10 Most Influential Athletes On Twitter
May 4, 2011
At #6, @JalenRose proves you can retire yet remain a mover & shaker…
Professional Skateboarder Ryan Sheckler Drives the Most Consumer Traffic to Brand Advertisers’ Sites, Followed Closely by the Boston Celtic’s Paul Pierce
Beverly Hills, CA – May 4, 2011 – Ad.ly, which runs celebrity endorsements in social media, today revealed the top 10 most influential athletes on Twitter.
According to the Q1 Ad.ly Consumer Influence Index, the athlete that drives the most consumer visits to brands’ sites is professional skateboarder Ryan Sheckler, followed closely by Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics. Lamar Odom of the LA Lakers and Olympic Speedskater Apolo Anton Ohno are tied for third, followed by Nick Swisher of the New York Yankees.
“Twitter’s dramatic growth over the past 12 months is due in large part to it’s adoption by athletes and artists — who bring millions of passionate fans with them to the social web,” said Arnie Gullov-Singh, CEO, Ad.ly, Inc. “These celebrities create the lion’s share of the content that people want. They are the new ‘Prime Time’ in digital media.”
Throughout Q1, Ad.ly athletes cemented their roles as tastemakers in media & entertainment, consumer electronics and more. The following athletes drove the most visits to brands’ sites, videos, apps and more:
1. Ryan Sheckler — Professional Skateboarder — 1,825,676 Followers
2. Paul Pierce — Boston Celtics, NBA — 1,818,226 Followers
3. Lamar Odom — LA Lakers, NBA — 1,427,831 Followers
4. Apolo Anton Ohno — Olympic Speedskater, USA – 252,889 Followers
5. Nick Swisher — New York Yankees, MLB — 1,319,996 Followers
6. Jalen Rose –- Phoenix Suns, Retired, NBA –- 296,382 Followers
7. Steven Jackson — St. Louis Rams, NFL – 68,688 Followers
8. Kirk Morrison — Jacksonville Jaguars, NFL – 363,962 Followers
9. Darnell Docket — Arizona Cardinals, NFL — 66,341 Followers
10. Shaun Phillips — San Diego Chargers, NFL – 424,864 Followers
About the Ad.ly Consumer Influence Index The Ad.ly Consumer Influence Index ranks celebrities in the Ad.ly Influencer Network by a variety of factors to identify the most effective endorsers over a given period of time, in a particular vertical market or a specific demographic. It uses Ad.ly’s proprietary internal ranking system to normalize performance data and establish ‘celebrity averages’ for a variety of engagement and performance indicators.
The debut issue revealed the most influential celebrities on Twitter overall during Q4, 2010, including Lauren Conrad, Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Snoop Dogg and more.
About Ad.ly Ad.ly runs celebrity endorsements in social media. It helps brands connect with consumers via the most influential celebrities, athletes and artists on today’s most popular platforms. Based in Beverly Hills, CA, Ad.ly is backed by GRP Partners, Greycroft Partners and prominent angel investors. To learn more, visit http://adly.com/.
To see the article: http://bit.ly/mkUKsh